WISE (Whittier IS Enriched) is a fee-based, after-school enrichment program available to all Whittier students. The program provides experiences in the arts, academics and athletics. We offer three sessions of classes throughout the school year.
When planning classes, we try to bring as many local teachers and programs into WISE as possible because Oak Park is a tremendous community, full of individuals who can share their experiences and talents with your children. We especially love our classes taught by our Whittier staff and Whittier parents.
The WISE program is 100% parent-volunteer supported. We have had an amazing group of dedicated parents each session that help us run the day-to-day attendance and dismissal of our classes. Please watch your email for details on how to firstname.lastname@example.org sign up – it’s a fun and easy way to contribute! And thank you to all our past and present parent volunteers, as WISE could not run without you!
Monday, January 6 to Thursday, March 19
Registration will again be online only. If you will have difficulty getting internet access during the registration period, please email email@example.com or call the Whittier office at 708-524-3080 for special accommodations.
- We will be using the new PTO Membership Toolkit for WISE registration again this session. All parents and guardians must be registered on that platform in order to sign up for WISE. If you need to register, go to whittierpto.org and click on the yellow “Register/Login” button.
- Due to space restrictions in the gym for the month of January, Multi-Sport Madness (Younger Kids) and Multi-Sport Madness (Older Kids) will start the week of February 3.
THE LINE UP
|Day||Time||Class||Grades||Duration||Price (Early Bird/Regular)|
|Monday||3:15 – 4:15||NEW! Las Piñatas||3-5||8 classes||$100/$110|
|No class: 1/20||Let’s Get Crafty||2-5||8 classes||$120/$130|
|1/27||NEW! Board Game Bonanza||3-5||8 classes||$110/$120|
|2/17||Lion King Jr. Broadway Dance||2-5||8 classes||$100/$110|
|RETURNING! Clay Play||K-5||8 classes||$100/$110|
|Tuesday||3:15 – 4:15||Yoga Kids||K-5||9 classes||$165/$175|
|No class: 1/28||Kitchen Wizards||K-5||9 classes||$110/$120|
|3/17||Multi-Sport Madness (Young Kids)(first class 2/4)||K-2||6 classes||$105/$115|
|Learn to Knit||3-5||9 classes||$120/$130|
|Colored Pencil Kids||K-5||9 classes||$140/$150|
|Wednesday||2:45 – 4:15||Multi-Sport Madness (Older Kids) (first class 2/5)||3-5||7 classes||$170/$180|
|No class: 1/29||(note: 1.5 hour class)||RETURNING! Homesteading||K-5||10 classes||$200/$210|
|Actor’s Garden||K-5||10 classes||$200/$210|
|Lego STEM FUNdamentals||K-5||10 classes||$225/$235|
|Thursday||3:15 – 4:15||Taekwondo||K-5||10 classes||$140/$150|
|No class: 1/30||Dynamic Chess||K-5||10 classes||$180/$190|
|Experiential Painting & Mask Making||K-5||10 classes||$215/$225|
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND DATES
- Registration is ONLINE ONLY at http://whittierpto.org/index.php/wise-registration/.
- Registration opens Friday, December 13 and ends Friday, December 20.
- All scholarship requests MUST be received by Wednesday, December 18.
- Register by Wednesday, December 18 to save $10/class.
- All classes are eligible for cancellation due to low registration.
The PTO will continue to offer need-based scholarships to those who qualify (maximum one course per child). Check the box on the registration form to request. Scholarships, like all WISE classes, are first-come, first-served. No scholarship requests will be accepted after Wednesday, December 18.
Registration begins Friday, December 13 and ends Friday, December 20. Classes are first-come, first-served. In the past, many classes have filled up the first day, so register early. Go to http://whittierpto.org/index.php/wise-registration/ to register and pay online via PayPal.
Registration is online only. If you will have difficulty getting internet access during the registration period, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Whittier office at 708-524-3080 to make special accommodations.
You will receive registration confirmation over winter break. No registrations will be accepted after the session has begun, and no refunds will be issued after the second class. Registrations without payment will not be accepted unless you are requesting a scholarship.
- After the dismissal bell, your child will report to the auditorium, where attendance will be taken and children will receive a nut-free snack.
- Instructors will escort your child to the front office of the school at the end of WISE. Parents/guardians should pick up their children PROMPTLY at 4:15 pm.
- If your child will be absent, please mention WISE when you call the school office, so that we are alerted. We take your children's safety very seriously, and we must account for every child.
WISE needs volunteers for our program to run. If you are able to help take attendance and supervise students before classes start OR help dismiss them when classes end, please keep an eye out for an email to sign up. Attendance volunteers will receive $50 off of one class, to be given as a refund after registration ends. Email email@example.com with questions. Thank you for your continued support.
Please email WISEwhittier@gmail.com or call the Whittier office at 708-524-3080. If you have suggestions on how to improve the WISE program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, September 29
- Tuesday, October 6
- Friday, October 9
- Monday, October 12
- Tuesday, October 13
- Tuesday, October 20
- Tuesday, October 27